UC Berkeley, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 2004
New England School of Law, J.D., 2009
Bhashini Weerasinghe is a member of Casey Gerry’s complex litigation team, and concentrates on the Volkswagen competitor class action case.
Prior to joining CaseyGerry, she ran her own law practice for four years, focusing on business law, estate planning and immigration matters.
Born in Sri Lanka, she grew up in Los Angeles and brings a unique global perspective – generating both practical and insightful solutions – to any legal matter.
- Best of the Bar, San Diego Business Journal, 2015 and 2017
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2015-2018
- Top Attorney in Estate Planning, San Diego Daily Transcript, 2014
- Wiley W. Manuel Award, State Bar of California, 2010 and 2011
- Distinguished Service Award, San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program, 2010 and 2011
Dedicated to giving back to her community, she began her career as a volunteer attorney, working for the Casa Cornelia Law Center and the San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program. Later, she became a staff attorney for San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program where she supervised the HIV/AIDS Legal Services Project, assisting clients with a wide range of issues from landlord-tenant matters to discrimination and insurance disputes. She also organized weekly legal clinics and wrote grant reports and proposals.
She has earned numerous awards and accolades throughout her career, including Distinguished Service Award from the San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program.
She enjoys painting and hiking in her off time.
- Louis M. Welsh Inn of Court, Barrister
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- Lawyers Club of San Diego, Member
- Women of Color in the Law, Member
- Senior Editor, New England Journal of International and Comparative Law, 2008-2009
- Associate Editor, New England Journal of International and Comparative Law, 2007-2008
- Lawyers Club of San Diego, Board of Directors, 2013-2016
- Women of Color in the Law, Board of Directors, 2012-2016
- San Diego HIV Health Services Planning Council, 2012-2014