“I had the honor of being represented by Angela Jae for nearly five years. While she is an excellent attorney, her kindness, warmth and compassion are what truly set her apart. With the anxiety and apprehension that came along with the litigation process, I always felt comfort and at ease knowing that I was in such excellent hands. Ms. Jae surpassed her role as my attorney in order to help me through a very difficult time in my life. I have been privileged to have her in my corner during my time of need and can honestly say that she has impacted my life forever.” – Haley Colombo, past client
Angela Jae Chun is dedicated to bringing justice to those who have been harmed as result of the wrongful conduct of others. Since graduating California Western School of Law in 2006, she has had a multi-faceted practice representing plaintiffs in serious personal injury, products liability, employment, maritime and fire cases in both state and federal court.
She has been a vital member of CaseyGerry’s team of trial lawyers since 2012. Specializing in complex litigation, products liability and serious personal injury, she has achieved multiple seven-figure settlements for her clients, including a $5.4 million dollar verdict in a bench trial in federal court with firm partner Robert Francavilla against the United States. Additionally she worked with partner Frederick Schenk to obtain a $5 million dollar confidential settlement for truck driver who suffered crush injuries while unloading pipes – requiring amputation in one leg – and a $4.5 million dollar confidential settlement for widow in wrongful death action after her husband was killed in a mining incident due to negligent maintenance of mining equipment.
Prior to joining CaseyGerry, she gained valuable trial and complex litigation experience working as an associate at Tosdal, Smith, Steiner & Wax, a prominent plaintiffs’ employment and personal injury law firm. During that time, Chun tried five jury trials in both state and federal court representing individuals, teachers, and sheriffs in employment and personal injury matters, including a Federal Court Trial in Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) collective action for unpaid overtime. In this donning/doffing case she represented Riverside sheriffs required to work “off the clock” and unpaid for time spent donning/doffing equipment and gear before and after shifts. The liability case was tried and won in Federal Court to a jury. She also handled numerous complex state wage and hour class actions, including cases in which she represented NASSCO shipyard workers and Ameripride linen truck drivers – handling both from case inception to settlement – working with class members, obtaining declarations in support of class certification, drafting motion for class certifications and notices to class members re class settlement and dealing directly with claims administrators to make sure class members got paid. All these cases resulted in seven figure awards.
Additionally, she worked closely with Tom Tosdal and Michael Feinberg on their successful representation of families and businesses in the 2007 San Diego power line fire cases against utility company SDG&E. She spent hundreds of hours working with the families who lost their homes, businesses and all their personal belongings to ensure that they received full and fair compensation for their losses. She saw first-hand the harm and devastation suffered due to the negligent failure of SDG&E to safely and properly maintain its power lines. Through the collective efforts of a team of lawyers led by Tom Tosdal, SDG&E paid over $500 million to compensate the families and businesses for their losses.
Chun has again teamed up with attorneys Tom Tosdal and Michael Feinberg to form Power Line Fire Lawyers – bringing in CaseyGerry to attain the highest quality of legal representation for those affected by the wine country fires.
In her spare time, she enjoys yoga, boot camp, kickboxing and spending quality time with her husband Philip, daughters Ellie and Mia and their dog Margo.
- 2019 San Diego Super Lawyers, Top 10 San Diego Lawyers
- 2015-2016, San Diego Super Lawyers Rising Star
- 2017-2018 San Diego Super Lawyers
- 2014 SD Metro “40 under 40”
- 2014-2015 San Diego Business Journal, Best of the Bar
- 2013-2015 Top Young Attorney, San Diego Daily Transcript
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- Korean American Bar Association, President, 2014-15
- Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- Lawyers Club of San Diego, Member, co-chair golf committee 2018
- THLA, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- CaseyGerry Attorneys Listed in 2017 Super Lawyers
- Wendy M. Behan, Angela Jae Chun Named Top Attorneys for 2015
- Three Attorneys Showcased in 2015 Best of the Bar
- Attorneys Chun and Francavilla featured in national publication
- CaseyGerry Attorneys Featured in Super Lawyers
- CWSL Alumnae Lauded
- Jae Chun recognized as best and brightest
- $5.4 Million Awarded in Crash with Border Agent
- Angela Jae Chun Elected President of Korean Bar Association
- Angela Jae Chun Recognized as a Top Young Attorney for 2013
- Angela Jae joins CaseyGerry as associate
- CaseyGerry Adds Jae as Associate
Bicycle Accidents →
Burn Injury →
Construction Negligence →
Fire losses and liability →
Head/Brain Injury →
Maritime Litigation →
Motorcycle Accidents →
Personal Injury →
Premises Liability →
Product Liability →
Sexual Assault →
Slip Trip and Fall →
Spinal Cord Injury →
Trucking Accidents →
Wrongful Death →
CaseyGerry Awards & Recognition