SAN DIEGO (Sept. 20, 2011) — CaseyGerry partner Gayle M. Blatt is the newest member of the San Diego plaintiffs’ law firm to be featured in The Best Lawyers in America, a prestigious national ranking of attorneys selected through an exhaustive annual peer-review process.
This year, five CaseyGerry partners – Blatt, David S. Casey, Jr., Robert J. Francavilla, Thomas D. Penfield and Frederick Schenk are featured in the 2012 edition of Best Lawyers, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. This marks the sixth consecutive year Casey and Schenk have been featured, the fourth year for Francavilla, and the second year Penfield has been recognized.
This 18th annual edition features more than 40,000 attorneys in 138 legal practice areas and covers all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Lawyers were selected for inclusion by fellow attorneys — this year’s peer review process totaled more than 3.9 million detailed evaluations.
Because of the rigorous methodology involved, the annual ranking is regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. For three decades, Best Lawyers has become a resource for both lawyers and clients looking for top legal talent in unfamiliar practice areas or jurisdictions. “Virtually everyone needs a lawyer for a legal matter at some time in his or her life,” said Best Lawyers editor Steven Naifeh. “Lawyers are also constantly being asked to recommend other lawyers in other fields and other places, and we are proud that the country’s leading lawyers have been using our referral lists with confidence for thirty years.”
CaseyGerry specializes in civil litigation and personal injury – firm partners included in the publication each have extensive experience in all aspects of consumer law:
• Blatt is listed in the personal injury litigation section. She heads up the firms pharmaceutical and medical device practice team and concentrates her practice on personal injury, pharmaceutical and product liability litigation.
• Casey is listed in the plaintiffs’ personal injury litigation section and specializes in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases. Over three decades, he has obtained successful verdicts and settlements for dozens of high profile cases.
• Francavilla is listed three sections: plaintiffs’ product liability litigation, personal injury litigation and plaintiffs’ personal injury litigation. With a practice concentrating on serious personal injury and products liability, Francavilla has attained multi-million dollar results in cases dealing with highway design, automobile accidents and product and premises liability.
• Penfield is listed under the personal injury litigation and plaintiffs’ personal injury litigation sections. With significant experience in personal injury, products liability, class actions and civil litigation, Penfield is also an adjunct Professor of Law at the University of San Diego (USD) School of Law.
• Schenk is listed in the plaintiffs’ mass tort litigation and class action category. He has extensive experience in products liability, personal injury, premises liability and auto litigation, and is especially renowned for his successful asbestos litigation practice.
About Best Lawyers
Since 1983, Best Lawyers has compiled lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting extensive peer-review surveys in which thousands of top lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. Because attorneys do not pay a fee for the listing, Best Lawyers has received numerous accolades over the years and gained respect as the country’s most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. In addition to the print version, Best Lawyers in America is posted online at www.BestLawyers.com.
About Casey Gerry
CaseyGerry was established in 1947, and is the oldest plaintiffs’ law firm in San Diego. The firm’s 12 attorneys practice in numerous areas, including asbestos, personal injury, product liability and pharmaceutical litigation. Headquartered at 110 Laurel St. in the Banker’s Hill neighborhood of San Diego, the firm also has a satellite office in Carlsbad, Calif. For more information, call (619) 238-1811 or visit the website at www.caseygerry.com.