Frederick Schenk Named Lawyer of the Year for Mass Torts/Class Action
SAN DIEGO (August 28, 2013) – CaseyGerry partner Frederick Schenk has been selected by his peers as San Diego “Lawyer of the Year” for Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions in the 2014 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, a prestigious national ranking of attorneys selected through an exhaustive annual peer-review process.
According to Best Lawyers www.BestLawyers.com, those honored as “Lawyer of the Year” are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the peer-review assessments conducted with thousands of leading lawyers each year. The honor reflects the highest level of respect a lawyer has earned among other attorneys based on his or her abilities, professionalism and integrity.
“Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the Lawyer of the Year,” said the firm’s managing partner David S. Casey, Jr. “The fact that this honor is given by peers makes this accolade particularly significant.”
Five CaseyGerry partners – Gayle M. Blatt, David S. Casey, Jr., Robert J. Francavilla, Thomas D. Penfield and Schenk – are all featured in the 2014 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, the oldest and most respected peer-reviewed publication in the legal profession. This marks the eighth consecutive year Casey and Schenk have been featured, the sixth year for Francavilla, the fourth year for Penfield, and the third year Blatt has been recognized.
Because of the rigorous methodology involved, the annual ranking is regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. For three decades, Best Lawyers has become a resource for both lawyers and clients looking for top legal talent in unfamiliar practice areas or jurisdictions.
CaseyGerry specializes in civil, pharmaceutical and personal injury litigation – firm partners included in the publication each have extensive experience in all aspects of consumer law:
- Schenk is listed in the plaintiffs’ mass tort litigation/class action category. He has extensive experience in personal injury, premises liability and auto litigation, and is especially renowned for his successful asbestos litigation practice.
- Blatt is listed in the plaintiffs’ personal injury litigation section. She heads up the firm’s pharmaceutical and medical device practice team and concentrates her practice on pharmaceutical, product liability and personal injury litigation.
- Casey is listed in the plaintiffs’ personal injury litigation section and specializes in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases. Over three decades, he has obtained successful verdicts and settlements in many high profile cases.
- Francavilla is listed in two sections: plaintiffs’ product liability litigation and plaintiffs’ personal injury litigation. With a practice concentrating on serious personal injury/head injury and products liability, Francavilla has obtained more than $22 million in recent results.
- Penfield is listed under plaintiffs’ personal injury litigation section. With significant experience in personal injury, products liability, class actions and civil litigation, Penfield was recently recognized as a Diplomate of Trial Advocacy by the American Association for Justice (AAJ). He is also an adjunct professor of law at the University of San Diego (USD) School of Law.
About Best Lawyers
Since 1983, Best Lawyers has compiled lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting extensive peer-review surveys in which thousands of top lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. Because attorneys do not pay a fee for the listing, Best Lawyers has gained respect as the country’s most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. In addition to the print version, Best Lawyers in America is posted online at www.BestLawyers.com.
About Casey Gerry
Casey Gerry was established in 1947, and is the longest-standing plaintiffs’ law firm in San Diego. The firm’s 15 attorneys practice in numerous areas, including asbestos, personal injury, product liability and pharmaceutical litigation. Headquartered at 110 Laurel St. in the Banker’s Hill neighborhood of San Diego, the firm also has an additional office in Carlsbad, Calif. For more information, visit www.caseygerry.com.