SAN DIEGO, Calif. (Sept. 1, 2010) — Four partners at Casey Gerry — a San Diego based law firm specializing in civil litigation and personal injury — will be featured in the 2011 edition of Best Lawyers in America, a prestigious national ranking of attorneys selected through an exhaustive annual peer-review process.
Longtime Casey Gerry partners David S. Casey, Jr., Robert J. Francavilla, Thomas D. Penfield and Frederick Schenk are featured in the 17th edition of Best Lawyers, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. This is the fifth consecutive year Casey and Schenk have been featured, the third year for Francavilla and the first time Penfield has been recognized.
The 2011 edition features nearly 40,000 attorneys in 80 specialties and covers all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Lawyers were selected for inclusion by fellow attorneys – with this year’s peer review process totaled more than 3.1 million detailed evaluations.
Because of the rigorous methodology and because participants are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in the annual ranking is considered a singular honor. According to Steven Naifeh, president of Best Lawyers, “we continue to believe – as we have for 28 years – that recognition by one’s peers is the most meaningful form of recognition in the legal profession.”
The Casey Gerry partners included in the publication each have extensive expertise in all aspects of consumer law:
- Casey is listed in the personal injury litigation section and specializes in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases.
- Over three decades, he has obtained successful verdicts and settlements for dozens of high profile cases.
- Francavilla is listed in the product liability litigation section. With a practice concentrating on serious personal injury and products liability, Francavilla has attained multi-million dollar results in cases dealing with highway design, automobile accidents and product and premises liability.
- Penfield, with significant experience in personal injury, products liability, class actions and civil litigation, is listed under personal injury litigation. Penfield is also an adjunct Professor of Law at the University of San Diego (USD) School of Law.
- Schenk is listed in the mass tort litigation category. Schenk has extensive experience in products liability, personal injury and auto litigation, and is especially renowned for his successful work in asbestos litigation.
About Best Lawyers
Each year, Best Lawyers compiles lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting extensive peer-review surveys in which thousands of top lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. Because attorneys do not pay a fee for the listing, Best Lawyers has received numerous accolades over the years and gained respect as the country’s most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. In addition to the print version, which will be released in November 2010, Best Lawyers in America will be posted online at www.BestLawyers.com.
About Casey Gerry
Casey Gerry was established in 1947, and is the oldest plaintiffs’ law firm in San Diego. The firm’s 12 attorneys practice in numerous areas, including asbestos, personal injury, product liability and pharmaceutical litigation. Headquartered at 110 Laurel St. in the Banker’s Hill neighborhood of San Diego, the firm also has a satellite office in Carlsbad, Calif. For more information, call (619) 238-1811 or visit the website at www.caseygerry.com