Angela Jae Chun has a multi-faceted practice exclusively representing plaintiffs in complex cases involving fire, maritime, personal injury, products liability and employment law in both state and federal court. She has been a vital member of CaseyGerry’s legal team since 2012.
Angela played a critical role in the resolution of the 2007 San Diego power line fire cases against utility company SDG&E. Through the collective efforts of a team of lawyers led by attorney Tom Tosdal, SDG&E paid more than $500 million to compensate the families and businesses for their losses. Angela spent hundreds of hours working with the victims to ensure they received full and fair compensation for their losses.
Teaming again with the law firms of Thomas Tosdal and Michael Feinberg, Angela and CaseyGerry have brought high-quality legal representation to those affected by the wine country fires.
Angela has also obtained multiple seven-figure settlements for her clients, including:
- $5.4 million verdict in a bench trial in federal court with firm partner Robert Francavilla against the United States Government
- $5 million confidential settlement with firm partner Frederick Schenk on behalf of a truck driver who suffered crush injuries
- $4.5 million confidential settlement for a widow in wrongful death action after her husband was killed in a mining incident due to negligent equipment maintenance
Prior to joining CaseyGerry, Angela gained valuable trial and complex litigation experience as an associate at Tosdal, Smith, Steiner & Wax. During that time, Angela tried five jury trials in state and federal court, representing individuals, teachers, and sheriffs in employment and personal injury matters, and she was lead counsel in a binding employment arbitration. Just weeks after being sworn into the California bar, Angela tried her first case in federal court with Tom Tosdal.
Angela has received numerous accolades in recent years, including:
- Top Young Attorney by the San Diego Daily Transcript
- 40 Under 40 Awards Honoree by SD Metro Magazine
- Rising Stars by Super Lawyers (2015 to 2016)
- Super Lawyers (2017 to present)
- Best of the Bar by San Diego Business Journal
Angela is dedicated to bringing justice to those who have been harmed as result of the wrongful conduct of others.